wafeastlogo

Monday, December 20, 2010

Peppermint Bark Cupcakes

I wanted to share a cupcake strategy that I have been enjoying this year - sort of a combination of peppermint bark and cupcake.

1. Make chocolate cupcakes (I have been using the recipe from Cybele Pascal's new cookbook, The Allergen-Free Baker's Cookbook) BUT add about 1/2 teaspoon mint flavoring and 1/2 cup safe chocolate chips. I have been making mini-cupcakes with festive paper baking cups.

2. Melt about 1/2 -3/4 cups of chocolate chips in the microwave. When the cupcakes are cooled, drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the cupcake.

3. Crush safe candy canes in the wrapper (I use a rolling pin on a cutting board), cut off top and combine in a bowl. Use a spoon to sprinkle the candy canes over the melted chocolate before it hardens.

You can also try this with a vanilla cupcake recipe (drop the vanilla, add the peppermint) and actually add some crushed candy cane to the cupcake batter for color.

What I like about this is that I don't have to make frosting!
Quick, easy, and quite tasty!

Kelly Morgan, President
Washington FEAST

No comments:

Post a Comment